JDBC3 + HOLD_CURSORS_OVER_COMMIT

From: Oliver Jowett <oliver(at)opencloud(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: JDBC3 + HOLD_CURSORS_OVER_COMMIT
Date: 2004-07-20 21:38:58
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

It occurred to me that we can support JDBC3's HOLD_CURSORS_OVER_COMMIT
behaviour quite simply by doing the same thing we do with scrollable
resultsets -- disable use of cursors entirely.

Does this sound worth doing? Obviously we could replace it with proper
WITH HOLD cursor-backed resultsets eventually..

-O