Re: Point in Time Recovery

From: Christopher Kings-Lynne <chriskl(at)familyhealth(dot)com(dot)au>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>, Zeugswetter Andreas SB SD <ZeugswetterA(at)spardat(dot)at>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Point in Time Recovery
Date: 2004-07-20 01:36:00
Lists: pgsql-hackers

I've got a PITR set up here that's happily scp'ing WAL files across to
another machine. However, the NIC in the machine is currently stuffed,
so it gets like 50k/s :) What happens in general if you are generating
WAL file bytes faster always than they can be copied off?

Also, does the archive dir just basically keep filling up forever? How
do I know when I can prune some files? Anything older than the last
full backup?

Chris