pgaccess - UNICODE problem

From: Steve Tucknott <steve(at)retsol(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: steve(at)retsol(dot)co(dot)uk
Subject: pgaccess - UNICODE problem
Date: 2004-07-18 08:23:17
Lists: pgsql-novice

POSTGRESQL 7.2.4 (RedHat 8 RPM Install)

Due to an earlier problem with FUNCTIONs in postgre, I thought I'd use
pgaccess to see if that gave me syntax checking when entering functions.

I installed pgaccess and it runs up ok, but comes up with an error
saying that UNICODE encoding is not supported when trying to connect to
the database.
My LANG env is en_GB.iso885915 - I don not have the source to Postgre (I
can get access - but currently the install is via RPM's), so is there a
way around the problem?