psql-like pure Java client

From: Blaine Simpson <blaine(dot)simpson(at)admc(dot)com>
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: psql-like pure Java client
Date: 2004-07-18 04:10:22
Lists: pgsql-jdbc
I'm a developer with the HSQLDB project (formerly Hypersonic), and a
long time user
of Postgresql.  I'm the author of a pure java command-line interface
which behaves much
like psql, called SqlTool.  I've verified that it works with
Postgresql.  Would anybody out
there like to proof read the Postgresql-related instructions in the
docs, or do some
additional testing of SqlTool with Postgresql databases?  Now would be the
time, since SqlTool goes production with HSQLDB v 1.7.2 on Tuesday.  It
is very easy
to set up SqlTool:  put one jar file into place, write db URL + username
+ password
+ JDBC driver name into a config file, then run it.

SqlTool docs:
    http://hsqldb.sourceforge.net/alphadocs/guide/ch07.html

HSQLDB download (which contains SqlTool, but does not have the latest sample
config file with instructions for Postgresql.  You can see those
instructions in the
doc just listed).  The file "hsqldb_1_7_2_RC_6e.zip
<http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/hsqldb/hsqldb_1_7_2_RC_6e.zip?download>":

https://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=23316&package_id=16702&release_id=206345

I'll tag on a simple question here which I'm hoping somebody can quickly
answer and
save me from searching archives and docs...  I see that Postgresql
7.2dev doesn't
implement the TABLE_SCHEM column of DatabaseMetaData.getTables().  Anyone
know if it has been implemented since then, or if there are plans to
implement it?
I want to remove the schema column from my "\dt" output if I'll always
be unable to
list meaningful information.

--
ICF:  703-934-3692       Cell:  703-944-9317

pgsql-jdbc by date