psql-like pure Java client

From: Blaine Simpson <blaine(dot)simpson(at)admc(dot)com>
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: psql-like pure Java client
Date: 2004-07-18 04:10:22
Lists: pgsql-jdbc
I'm a developer with the HSQLDB project (formerly Hypersonic), and a
long time user
of Postgresql.  I'm the author of a pure java command-line interface
which behaves much
like psql, called SqlTool.  I've verified that it works with
Postgresql.  Would anybody out
there like to proof read the Postgresql-related instructions in the
docs, or do some
additional testing of SqlTool with Postgresql databases?  Now would be the
time, since SqlTool goes production with HSQLDB v 1.7.2 on Tuesday.  It
is very easy
to set up SqlTool:  put one jar file into place, write db URL + username
+ password
+ JDBC driver name into a config file, then run it.

SqlTool docs:

HSQLDB download (which contains SqlTool, but does not have the latest sample
config file with instructions for Postgresql.  You can see those
instructions in the
doc just listed).  The file "

I'll tag on a simple question here which I'm hoping somebody can quickly
answer and
save me from searching archives and docs...  I see that Postgresql
7.2dev doesn't
implement the TABLE_SCHEM column of DatabaseMetaData.getTables().  Anyone
know if it has been implemented since then, or if there are plans to
implement it?
I want to remove the schema column from my "\dt" output if I'll always
be unable to
list meaningful information.

ICF:  703-934-3692       Cell:  703-944-9317

pgsql-jdbc by date