time columns: ms-access bound controls

From: lists <lists01(at)dds(dot)uconn(dot)edu>
To: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: time columns: ms-access bound controls
Date: 2004-07-15 06:36:29
Lists: pgsql-odbc
hello -

i have an ms-access form with a textbox bound to a "time" column in an
underlying postgresql table.

initially, the field displays correctly:

    16:00

...but when i click in the field to begin editing, the text in the
textbox changes by adding a date component set to the current date:

    7/15/2004 4:00:00 PM

this is would be quite confusing to our users.

is there a work-around for this?  i'm in the process of moving a number
of ms-sql server / ms-access apps to web-based ui's hitting our
postgresql database, but i need to get the access apps working with the
postgresql first...

btw, i'm using  postgresql 7.3.3 on red hat 7.2

thanks

pgsql-odbc by date

Next:From: Jeff EckermannDate: 2004-07-15 13:34:11