Re: the PostgreSQL Elephant

From: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: Robert Treat <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>
Cc: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>,Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>, pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: the PostgreSQL Elephant
Date: 2004-07-12 20:35:36
Lists: pgsql-advocacy
> that he "Used Daniel's Elephant", which I believe refers to Daniel
> Lundin, though I don't recognize that name. Note also that that page
> indicates that those logo's are for the community, not the corporation,
> which in essence would mean that the company has posted that the logo is
> for the community.

I think the real problem is that while the community elephant and the
postgresql, inc. elephant is the same, there is a unintended endorsement
by the community to postgresql, inc.

This is by no means a slam on postgresql, inc but it seems the community
has always tried to be very business neutral and per Marc's own email
the elephants should be different.

Sincerely,

Joshua D> Drake