Re: the PostgreSQL Elephant

From: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com
Cc: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>,pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: the PostgreSQL Elephant
Date: 2004-07-12 17:52:21
Lists: pgsql-advocacy
> With all respect to Lamar and Jan, the elepant-diamond is not really feasable.
> It reproduces poorly at low resolutions or limited color palettes -- heck,
> even at high resolution it's a bit muddy.   Frankly, a usable logo has to be
> draw-able on a cocktail napkin with a ball-point pen, or people will ignore
> it.  Also, what would we be *saying* with an elephant in a diamond?

My take would be a new elephant but still an elephant. Use a slightly
more dynamic color of blue. The soft blue (IMHO) is just too, blah.

Basically and "updated" elephant. Every logo goes through a life cycle
where they slightly change or color are slightly modified in the
beginning of their life cycle.