Re: Two Flyers

From: Jan Wieck <JanWieck(at)Yahoo(dot)com>
To: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>, elein <elein(at)varlena(dot)com>, pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Two Flyers
Date: 2004-07-10 12:28:03
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

On 7/10/2004 1:55 AM, Marc G. Fournier wrote:

> On Sat, 10 Jul 2004, Jan Wieck wrote:
>
>> BTW, that image on the website had "slonik" as filename or "alt" text,
>> don't remember exactly. Back then I wondered what that means.
>
> Fuzzy memory here, but isn't it russian for elephant?

Slon = Elephant
Slony = Elephants
Slonik = Dumbo

In my replication system, one node is a slon (hence the name of the
replication engine executable). The group or cluster is called Slony and
the scripting aid used to "ask" for various actions to take place is
named slonik :)

Jan

> ----
> Marc G. Fournier Hub.Org Networking Services (http://www.hub.org)
> Email: scrappy(at)hub(dot)org Yahoo!: yscrappy ICQ: 7615664

# Let's break this rule - forgive me. #