Re: Two Flyers

From: Jan Wieck <JanWieck(at)Yahoo(dot)com>
To: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: elein <elein(at)varlena(dot)com>, pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Two Flyers
Date: 2004-07-10 04:30:29
Lists: pgsql-advocacy
On 7/5/2004 11:20 PM, Marc G. Fournier wrote:

> On Mon, 5 Jul 2004, elein wrote:
>
>> I'm using the slony elephant just on whimsy. I just like them better and
>> they have not snuck over to the php camp. But it is not meant to be a
>> strong statement about anything.
>
> For official events, especially one that we are trying to make as large a
> statement at as we seem to be with this one, using the standard, official
> logo should be, I think, a high priority ...

With respect to the flyers, I happen to agree with Marc. This is the
Slony Logo, and I have never had any intentions to replace the well
established and branded PostgreSQL elephant with it.

The pg_live CD's Afilias is sponsoring for the events will have both
logos with the appropriate text next to them. This is IMHO right since
the CD will have Slony installed so that one could use them for simple
replication tests.

Jan