Re: LinuxTag wrapup

From: Andreas Pflug <pgadmin(at)pse-consulting(dot)de>
To: "Jeroen T(dot) Vermeulen" <jtv(at)xs4all(dot)nl>
Cc: PostgreSQL Development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: LinuxTag wrapup
Date: 2004-07-04 08:10:24
Lists: pgsql-hackers
Jeroen T. Vermeulen wrote:

>But like I said, that's just my personal conviction.  I definitely think
>people in our community ought to be willing to work together with the
>MySQL people, the FireBird people and anybody else in the free world to
>have world-class GUI development tools;

Just a note:
I've been talking again to the DBdesigner4 guy, ho told me that the next
version of that schema designer is going to support *any* target
database system, not just MySQL. AFAICS DBdesigner4 is currently the
most advanced open source tool to design real big data models (with sub
models, different views on the model etc), not just that useless
everything-on-one-page crap all around. I'll try to keep contact with
him, for some real world experience from database system independent design.

Regards,
Andreas