Re: Capacity Planning

From: Gaetano Mendola <mendola(at)bigfoot(dot)com>
To: Jeff Keller <jeff(dot)keller(at)clarksecurity(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Capacity Planning
Date: 2004-06-29 21:28:36
Lists: pgsql-admin

Jeff Keller wrote:

> I had a typo in the first post. The Record Reads per day should be
> 50,000,000, not 500 Million. My mistake. One decimal place makes a huge
> difference. Our current app is Progress based with running on an IBM p650
> with 4 processors and suspect a similar load if we were to changes apps and
> databases.

That's different, and is completely affordable by an IBM p650, how much RAM?
What about your disks ?

I forgot to say in my previous post, that whith my numbers:

100 concurrent users
2.000.000 read for 12 h
1.000.000 update for 12 h
50.000 new records each day

the load average ( the unix one ) is under 2.

Regards
Gaetano Mendola