Re: plperl patch

From: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
To: "Patches (PostgreSQL)" <pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: plperl patch
Date: 2004-06-29 17:05:40
Lists: pgsql-patches

Andrew Dunstan wrote:

> Quick head up - I have a fix for the count hash keys 'fix' I reverted
> yesterday, and also a patch from Joe Coway to allow returning record
> and setof record.
>
> Revised patch will be forthcoming after some testing.

The attached patch (and 2 new files incorporating previous eloglvl.[ch]
as before) has the following changes in plperl.c over previously sent patch:
- fixed optimization for counting hash keys (Abhijit Menon-Sen)
- allow return of 'record' and 'setof record' - removed previously
advisied limitation (Joe Conway)
- fix off by 1 errors in SRF code that caused memory errors (Joe Conway)
- minor cleanup (me)

There is a new known issue which will be addressed quickly:
- empty string is interpreted as NULL - only undef should translate as NULL

enjoy

andrew

Attachment Content-Type Size
spi_internal.c text/x-c 3.5 KB
spi_internal.h text/x-c-header 237 bytes
plperl.patch text/x-patch 25.9 KB