Re: Is this a "Stupid Question" ?

From: Sebastian Böck <sebastianboeck(at)freenet(dot)de>
To: Adam Smith <adamsmith(at)econ(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Is this a "Stupid Question" ?
Date: 2004-06-28 05:50:42
Lists: pgsql-adminpgsql-general
Adam Smith wrote:
> I have posted this and similar questions repeatedly and can't even raise
> a single response. I am being led to believe that this then 'Must be a
> stupid question' although people say that there is no stupid question.
> Is that another for political correctness
>
> I am attempting an install of 7.4.3 on FreeBSD O/S 4.9, apparently
> remnants of 7.3.x are scattered around on the disk from (a) previous
> ports installation, causing mutex_lock/unlock, libpq.so and other
> installation problems. I want to reconfigure and reinstall. How do I
> know what, & where all these fragments are located or how do I uninstall
> all of them or at least those that should be removed.

Hi,

If you installed the 7.3.x server via ports a simple
cd /usr/ports/databases/postgresql73 && make deinstall
should do the trick.
If this doesn't help, have a look into
/usr/ports/databases/postgresql73/pkg_pl.ist

Also have a look at sysutils/portupgrade, it's a great tool!

> Thanks

HTH
Sebastian

> --  Adam  --
> PS I should probably use the name Eve instead!

Better empty your mailbox, letting private messages pass through ;)