Re: lock timeout patch

From: Satoshi Nagayasu <nagayasus(at)nttdata(dot)co(dot)jp>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Satoshi Nagayasu <nagayasus(at)nttdata(dot)co(dot)jp>,pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: lock timeout patch
Date: 2004-06-28 04:37:02
Lists: pgsql-hackers
statement_timeout terminates large sort or scan
even if it is running, doesn't it?

statement_timeout doesn't care that
the process is waiting a lock or running.
I don't want to terminate a running query.

So a lock waiting backend shold be killed.

--
NAGAYASU Satoshi <nagayasus(at)nttdata(dot)co(dot)jp>