Re: lock timeout patch

From: Satoshi Nagayasu <nagayasus(at)nttdata(dot)co(dot)jp>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Satoshi Nagayasu <nagayasus(at)nttdata(dot)co(dot)jp>,pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: lock timeout patch
Date: 2004-06-28 04:06:00
Lists: pgsql-hackers
Tom,

I guess the transaction cancellation from the client
using PQrequestCancel() is available, but the cancellation
logic must be implemented in the client-application using
signal or thread.

I think detecting such situation on server-side is not
available now, and SQL Server or DB2 have same function.

--
NAGAYASU Satoshi <nagayasus(at)nttdata(dot)co(dot)jp>