Sequence Number question

From: Naomi Walker <nwalke(at)eldocomp(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Sequence Number question
Date: 2004-06-25 18:27:03
Lists: pgsql-admin
We are using Postgres 7.3.2 on a Solaris box.

When I dump a schema with a SEQUENCE in it, it shows the MAXVAL as
2,147,483,647.

Is it possible to set this number higher?

When we get to maxval, does it wrap?

Naomi Walker                          Chief Information Officer
Eldorado Computing, Inc.              nwalker(at)eldocomp(dot)com 602-604-3100
 Thought is the blossom; language the bud; action the fruit behind it.
- Ralph Waldo Emerson

-- CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE --

This message is intended for the sole use of the individual and entity to whom it is addressed, and may contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended addressee, nor authorized to receive for the intended addressee, you are hereby notified that you may not use, copy, disclose or distribute to anyone the message or any information contained in the message. If you have received this message in error, please immediately advise the sender by reply email, and delete the message. Thank you.

pgsql-admin by date

Next:From: Jhonatas M. RodríguezDate: 2004-06-25 21:56:23