Re: PoolingDataSource executeUpdate

From: Oliver Jowett <oliver(at)opencloud(dot)com>
To: ALBERDI Ion <alberdi(at)enseirb(dot)fr>
Cc: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PoolingDataSource executeUpdate
Date: 2004-06-24 02:38:48
Lists: pgsql-jdbc
ALBERDI Ion wrote:

> What happens there is that with Connection Pooling the executeUpdate method
> always returns 0, and that the database is not upgraded.
> I'm currently forced to use the Jdbc3SimpleDataSource class (with this class
> the application runs perfectly) but I would like to use Connection Pools to
> improve the application's performances.

I notice that the default autocommit setting in
org.postgresql.jdbc2.optional.ConnectionPool is false. This is the
opposite of the required Connection default and seems like a bug to me.

If your application is expecting connections obtained from the
datasource to have autocommit on by default, this could be the problem.

-O