Re: Connection gets into state where all queries fail

From: Marco Colombo <marco(at)esi(dot)it>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Connection gets into state where all queries fail
Date: 2004-06-23 11:06:24
Lists: pgsql-general

Martijn van Oosterhout wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 22, 2004 at 07:02:28PM -0600, Scott Ribe wrote:
>
>>I suppose psql sends either a commit or rollback after the query generates
>>the error, maybe after every query, so my attempt to use it to check this
>>wasn't a valid test.
>

> Nope, psql breaks the statements on ';' and sends each query
> individually, so the issue never comes up.

Now I wonder, it's the psql program or the client library that does
that? Shall I expect the same from within, say, PHP, Perl, Python, C?
Is it a (settable) option of the client code? If not, I expect psql
to have some kind of SQL parser embedded, in order not to be fooled
by such a query: "select * from tab where f1 = 'a;b;c'".

.TM.
--
/ / / Marco Colombo