Asunto: Re: Problems restoring a DB with oids

From: juanmime(at)ono(dot)com
To: "Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Asunto: Re: Problems restoring a DB with oids
Date: 2004-06-23 10:27:11
Lists: pgsql-admin
>> I do this, from Saturn:
>> pg_dump -Ft -b -U dbuser -h saturn dbsample > db.tar
>> Then, I create the user and database in Saturno, and perform this:
>> pg_restore -Ft -v db.tar -d dbsample -U dbuser
>> But, pg_restore stops, showing this message:
>
>> pg_restore: fixing large object cross-references for parts.qltymemdoc
>> pg_restore: [archiver (db)] error while updating column "qltymemdoc"
of
>> table "parts": ERROR: large object 609937 does not exist
>> pg_restore: *** aborted because of error
>
>I think what is happening is that dbuser is not a superuser (correct?)
>and therefore is unable to disable triggers during the restore.  But
>you have to disable the lo_manage trigger to avoid errors, because
>lo_manage will think it has to clean up the blob references in the
>existing data.
>
>In short: if you are using the LO type then blob restores have to be
>done as superuser.  I suppose this oughta be documented someplace...

The problem continues

I perform this:

pg_restore -Ft -v db.tar -d test -U postgres -S postgres  --disable-triggers

And this is the result:

pg_restore: fixing large object cross-references for parts.qltymemdoc
pg_restore: [archiver (db)] error while updating column "qltymemdoc" of
table "parts": ERROR: large object 609937 does not exist
pg_restore: *** aborted because of error

¿ Why ? I suppose that the triggers are disabled (-S postgres --disable-triggers),
and I don't understand why pg_restore reports that "large object 609937
does not exist".

Thank you.