Re: Websites you like

From: Alexey Borzov <borz_off(at)cs(dot)msu(dot)su>
To: "Gavin M(dot) Roy" <gmr(at)ehpg(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Websites you like
Date: 2004-06-21 19:49:00
Lists: pgsql-www
Hi,

Gavin M. Roy wrote:
> Since it looks like the current mockup isn't too well received, please
> take the time to provide me with a list of  your favorite open source
> project related websites, that way we can come up with a composite look
> that meets people's taste.

Well, I liked the previous mysql.com (heh-heh), the navigation on the current
one is too convoluted (intentionally, I think).

I'd better give a list of (mostly usability) improvements I'd like to see:
- Services (search, language selection) should be separate from navigation
- Internal navigation should be separate from external (communities) one
- Current position in site structure should be clearly visible

The logo (not watermarked one) should really be made bigger. In its current size
it is not immediately clear whether it is an elephant or, ahem, something else.

Of course, I'd also like to see the ugly square banners gone, but that's neither
your nor my decision to take. ;)