Re: Support for JDK 1.5 RowSets

From: Amit Handa <Amit(dot)Handa(at)Sun(dot)COM>
To: Kevin MacClay <kmacclay(at)vantage(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Support for JDK 1.5 RowSets
Date: 2004-06-17 04:54:48
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Hi Kevin, all,

Thanks for pointing these problems out!

We are already aware of these problems and these will be fixed in the next release of Tiger.

One point to note here is that we would like adoption of technology by industry/vendors
as it gets stabilised. It's been roughly 3 years since JDBC 3.0 came out
and we are getting ready for next release http://www.jcp.org/en/jsr/detail?id=221

All said, once again, we are aware of problems stated below
and trying to see how we can help the developer community and
industry leverage the new API's as they come.

thanks,
Amit Handa,
Sun Microsystems Inc.