Re: invalid page header

From: Michael Guerin <guerin(at)rentec(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: invalid page header
Date: 2004-06-12 19:02:34
Lists: pgsql-novice

Tom Lane wrote:

>Michael Guerin <guerin(at)rentec(dot)com> writes:
>

>>"Dumping and reloading the table that owns this toast table would be a safer route; it would at
>>least make it real clear what damage you'd suffered."
>>

>>Is this b/c the damaged pages would be zero'd out?
>>

>Right, which would make vacuum happy, but you'd be missing some data.
>(Unless you're fortunate enough that there are no currently-live rows
>on the damaged page.)
>
> regards, tom lane

I tried using pg_dump and copy, but both get errors and fail. Is there
another way that I should try to export the data? Also, I sent another
post recently trying to find out how these things happen. The drives
seem to be ok, although I still need to memcheck. This is the second
corruption in a 4 day span, but I can't find any clues to why its happening.

-michael