Re: Improving postgresql.conf

From: Gaetano Mendola <mendola(at)bigfoot(dot)com>
To: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Subject: Re: Improving postgresql.conf
Date: 2004-06-10 18:05:19
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Bruce Momjian wrote:

> I understand your points below. However, the group has weighed in the
> direction of clearly showing non-default values and not duplicating
> documentation. We can change that, but you will need more folks
> agreeing with your direction.

I don't remember the behaviour but tell me what happen if
I comment out a value changing the value. Kill UP the postmater.
Recommenting that value and now re killing the postmaster.

I believe that postmaster will not run with the default value.
Who will look the configuration file will not understand the right
reality.

Regards
Gaetano Mendola