Re: [HACKERS] Failures with windows port

From: Shridhar Daithankar <shridhar(at)frodo(dot)hserus(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-hackers-win32(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] Failures with windows port
Date: 2004-06-08 10:42:32
Lists: pgsql-hackers-win32

Dave Page wrote:

>>-----Original Message-----
>>From: Magnus Hagander [mailto:mha(at)sollentuna(dot)net]
>>Sent: 08 June 2004 09:27
>>To: Dave Page; Shridhar Daithankar; Andrew Dunstan
>>Cc: PostgreSQL-development; pgsql-hackers-win32(at)postgresql(dot)org
>>Subject: RE: [pgsql-hackers-win32] [HACKERS] Failures with
>>windows port
>>

>>I use cvsnt (www.cvsnt.org). Works great from both "standard console"
>>and msys console.
> OK, thanks Magnus - I'll give it a go.

FWIW, I could not get it run in msys shell. Worked fine in normal dos shell. I
would give it a go again since I didn't give it enough time.

One thing I really hated was CVS checking out with ^M. Anything in vim is just
messed up. I nee to find out how to override that thing since msys is quite unix
that way.

But things are better with windows these days..:-) msys, cvs and migw.. Great..

Shridhar