Question about ODBC types

From: Roman Bestuzhev <best(at)best(dot)baku(dot)az>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Question about ODBC types
Date: 2004-06-06 09:58:09
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Hello!
I using PostgreSQL 6.5 with my Delphi application via ODBC interface.
I have one of latest PostgreSQL ODBC drivers (6.4 protocol).
And I have a problem with using some PostgreSQL types, such as
Int8 and Numeric in my application because ODBC driver and application
can not recognize this types. I can convert types inside application
(using StrToInt, StrToCurr, etc.) but it is not good solution.
May be it only need a new ODBC driver which supports this types?
I hope that somebody will answer to me.
Please send email to : roma(at)intrans(dot)baku(dot)az