Re: Next release

From: Andreas Pflug <pgadmin(at)pse-consulting(dot)de>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Next release
Date: 2004-06-06 08:21:59
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Dave Page wrote:

> So what needs work at the moment? I thought of the following so far:
>
> - Tablespaces
> - PITR front end (if it gets completed, though with Tom working on it
> it seems likely) - though perhaps that'll end up as part of the
> pg_dump front end
> - ACL changes (did they happen in the end?)

We might have missed some others, I'll ask on pgsql-hackers for a
admin-interface specific list.

> - Query builder only works under Windows. Think the bug under GTK is
> deep in wx :-(

A redesign avoiding MDI might be the answer for this.

> - Some service control code for local installations on Windows?

IMHO, we should restrict ourselves at some pure extended 7.5 syntax
support, to have the next release out in time. pg_dump, pitr, win32
service control and some other stuff are additional tools, which we
certainly should implement some time, but we shouldn't wait for them now.

Regards,
Andreas