Re: Help with ODBC problem

From: "Chris Hoover" <revoohc(at)sermonaudio(dot)com>
To: "Jeff Eckermann" <jeff_eckermann(at)yahoo(dot)com>
Cc: <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Help with ODBC problem
Date: 2004-06-04 20:39:30
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Jeff Eckermann wrote:

> Create a separate schema for each user, or class of
>
>users, that you want to have limited access. Put all
>of the objects that you want them to have access to
>into the relevant schema(s). Then, in the "connect
>settings" box in the DSN, enter the command "set
>search_path to myschema, public;" (or leave out public
>if you want). If you are connecting using code,
>rather than a DSN, then just issue that command
>directly after connecting.
>
>That will restrict users to seeing only those objects
>which you want them to see. If you revoke their
>access permissions to the public schema, and only
>grant permissions on the one special schema, plus
>tables etc., then you will lock the whole thing up
>tight.

Ok, I created a new schema and put my view into it giving my reporting
group access to this view only. I also set the search_path in the odbc
driver and as an alter user, but I am still seeing a full db catalog
when I connect to my db via odbc. (link trying to link a table in Access).

Any further ideas? I really need the end users to only see the specific
views/tables I grant them access to when they are an area where they are
able to choose tables/views to view.

Thanks,

Chris