Help with ODBC problem

From: "Chris Hoover" <revoohc(at)sermonaudio(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Help with ODBC problem
Date: 2004-06-04 17:37:31
Lists: pgsql-odbc
I am in need of some help.  We are looking at rolling out a reporting
tool to our users and need to make sure that the users only see the
objects we give them access to.

To start testing, I have created a new user and group to test with.  I
then created a view to use and gave the group select access to this view
only and put the user into this group.  However, when we pull up the
odbc connection from a client machine (windows), we see all tables
listed and then the single view.  While this test user can not select
from the tables, he can see them.  This is a problem for us since we do
not want our end users to see any portion of our actual schema.

How do I get the odbc/db configured so that the only odbc objects the
end user sees are the views we give them access?

Thanks,

Chris

pgsql-odbc by date

Next:From: Jeff EckermannDate: 2004-06-04 20:05:15