C function linkage and testing

From: Andrew Gold <agold(at)cbamedia(dot)com>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: C function linkage and testing
Date: 2004-06-04 16:12:13
Lists: pgsql-interfaces
Hi All,

This is my first posting to the list, so please be gentle.

;-)

I'm writing a number of C SQL-extension functions and it occurred to me
that I might need to debug these things as some point. If I want to
create my own main () function to exercise my extensions, what Postgres
libraries do I need to link against?

For example, the VARSIZE and VARDATA macros are wrapped around internal
functions; palloc and pfree also have dependencies.

If I want to use these calls within my extensions, and I want to run my
extensions separately for debugging / validation purposes, what
libraries should I link against?

Any help is welcome.

Andrew Gold

pgsql-interfaces by date