Many databases on a PostgreSQL server

From: Andrei Badea <andrei(dot)badea(at)magicware(dot)cz>
To: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Many databases on a PostgreSQL server
Date: 2004-05-31 15:10:14
Lists: pgsql-advocacy
Hello,

we are developing web applications and are hosting the databases of
these applications on our MS SQL server. There are about 50 of them at
the moment, but the traffic is not very large (the average is a few tens
requests per hour and database).

We are considering switching to PostgreSQL, but we would like to know if
it handles more than a few databases on a single server well. If there's
anyone here operating lots of databases on a server, we'd be glad to
hear your experience.

Thank you,

Andrei Badea
MagicWare, Ltd.