passing new/old record in pl/pgsql trigger functions to other functions

From: basic <basic(at)mozdev(dot)org>
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: passing new/old record in pl/pgsql trigger functions to other functions
Date: 2004-05-31 05:51:33
Lists: pgsql-sql
Hi,
   In Postgresql version 7.4.1 How does one pass new/old record in a
pl/pgsql trigger function to other functions? I tried to pass it
directly but the select/perform statement caused an error saying "NEW
used in query that is not in a rule". I've tried 'rename' in the declare
block but that didn't work at all (I get 'invalid column', which I
assume it means rename did not work at all). Besides copying the record
columns one by one, is there any other way to do this?

--
basic

pgsql-sql by date

Previous:From: CoLDate: 2004-05-30 22:13:08
Subject: Re: multi results with functions