Re: Win32, PITR, nested transactions, tablespaces

From: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Win32, PITR, nested transactions, tablespaces
Date: 2004-05-28 14:57:48
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Marc G. Fournier wrote:

>> Today is May 28. So if nobody will not commit above within 3 days, non
>> of them will be in 7.5(8.0). Am I correct?
>

> Not necessarily ... there are several Win32 related features that
> still haven't been committed (that I've seen) that will push back the
> release, and hopefully give some time for the other ones to get in ...
>
> Off the top of my head ... the Installer and Service Manager come to
> mind ... and Tom's fsync changes ...
>
> Right now, I'd say feature freeze is looking more like next Friday
> (June 4th), and we're evaluate it then ... that should hopefully give
> the above time to flesh out and get into CVS ...

The Installer is a pgFoundry project, and unaffected by feature freeze.
See http://pginstaller.projects.postgresql.org (Note: Magnus hasn't put
anything there yet, though.)

I certainly get the feeling that things are being rushed just a bit too
much, and think having a extra few days of breathing space makes sense.

cheers

andrew