Re: cannot find org.postgres.Driver

From: Ulrich Meis <kenobi(at)halifax(dot)rwth-aachen(dot)de>
To: Felipe <pipojmr(at)yahoo(dot)com(dot)mx>
Cc: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: cannot find org.postgres.Driver
Date: 2004-05-28 02:01:35
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Felipe wrote:

> I'm using the file pg73jdbc3.jar which is included in my classpath

And here's the problem. Your browser uses the Java Plugin and that has a
different classpath. You can set it on your machine, but you can't set
it on everyone's machine who's going to visit your page.
You need to include the jar file in your applet tag. I am not sure if it
is possible with a plain <applet> tag, but you can try to add
codebase="pg73jdbc3.jar".
That might fail, but with JDK 1.2 applets you shouldn't use that tag
anyway. Unfortunately it depends on the browser if you need to use an
<object> or an <embed> tag, but the whole matter is best discussed here:
http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/docs/guide/plugin/developer_guide/contents.html
where you can find a solution for both major browser families out there.

Greetings,

Uli