Re: New from mssql. Help please

From: Andrew Hammond <ahammond(at)ca(dot)afilias(dot)info>
To: hendro <hendro(at)myrealbox(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: New from mssql. Help please
Date: 2004-05-25 21:51:17
Lists: pgsql-novice

hendro wrote:
| I've tried it, but nothing happen, just display some text says "less:not
| found" What's wrong?

psql is trying to send the output of your command to a pager. A pager is
a program which displays output in a console one page at a time. The
default pager is called "less". To solve your problem, install the
cygwin less package.

| PostgreSQL 7.3.1 on i686-pc-cygwin, compiled by GCC gcc (GCC) 3.2
| 20020927 (prerelease)
| Should I upgrade?

If it's easy, sure. However, it sounds like you're just using it to play
around and learn postgres. So it's probably not worth going to the
effort if it's going to be a lot of work for you to upgrade. 7.4 offers
CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION which is the way to alter a function that you
were asking about below.

Andrew Hammond
Version: GnuPG v1.2.4 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: Using GnuPG with Thunderbird -