Re: Hardware Platform

From: Marty Scholes <marty(at)outputservices(dot)com>
To: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Hardware Platform
Date: 2004-05-20 13:46:08
Lists: pgsql-performance
Duane wrote:

 > P.S. I've only just begun using PostgreSQL after having
 > used (and still using) DB2 on a mainframe for the past 14
 > years.  My experience with Unix/Linux is limited to some
 > community college classes I've taken but we do have
 > a couple of experienced Linux sysadmins on our team.
 > I tell you this because my "ignorance" will probably
 > show more than once in my inquiries.

Duane,

If you've been actively using and developing in DB2, presumably under
MVS or whatever big blue is calling it these days, for 14 years, then
you will bring a wealth of big system expertise to Pg.

Please stay involved and make suggestions where you thing Pg could be
improved.

Marty

pgsql-performance by date