where to start with this procedure ?

From: Andreas <maps(dot)on(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: where to start with this procedure ?
Date: 2004-05-20 00:33:34
Lists: pgsql-sql

Hi,
I know a bit of SQL but not exactly a lot so I ran into this problem.

I have tables on the server that get joined in a view.
That's OK.

Now I need just a couple of records say 10-100 of 30 000 which could
easily be filtered by a integer key.
As of now I have to pull the whole lot into Access and let it do the
filtering. That doesn't play nice on our network.

Could someone kick me into the right direction where to learn stuff like:

function grabem(x integer) recordset
(
grabem = select * from my_view where key = x
)