Re: ODBC Driver Options

From: Andrew Ayers <aayers(at)eldocomp(dot)com>
To: Jeff Eckermann <jeff_eckermann(at)yahoo(dot)com>
Cc: Nicola Tiling <nti(at)w4w(dot)net>, "pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: ODBC Driver Options
Date: 2004-05-17 23:17:51
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Jeff Eckermann wrote:
> A neat little trick that will work with any ODBC
> driver:
>
> 1. Create a file (any name) with a .udl extension.
> 2. Run the file
> 3. In the dialog that comes up, choose "use
> connections string", and "build"; then follow the
> prompts.
> 4. When done, open the file with a text editor. You
> will see a full connection string, with the names of
> all of the driver options.
>
> Thanks to the poster, whose name I cannot recall, who
> suggested this.

Cool - this works great - thanks!

BTW - the "Use declare/fetch" option for the string was:

UseDeclareFetch=1 (or 0 to turn off)

[smacks head against desk - walks away in shame]

Andrew

> --- Andrew Ayers <aayers(at)eldocomp(dot)com> wrote:
>
>>Nicola Tiling wrote:
>>
>>>Have a look here
>>>

> http://www.flatmtn.com/computer/Linux-PostgreSQL.html
>
>>>I think "use declare/fetch" is "FETCH"
>>
>>I will give it a shot and play around with it -
>>thank you for the
>>reference!!!
>>
>>Andrew Ayers
>>Phoenix, Arizona
>>

>>>' PG_ODBC_PARAMETER ACCESS_PARAMETER
>>>' *********************************************
>>>' READONLY A0
>>>' PROTOCOL A1
>>>' FAKEOIDINDEX A2 'A2 must be 0
>>
>>unless A3=1
>>
>>>' SHOWOIDCOLUMN A3
>>>' ROWVERSIONING A4
>>>' SHOWSYSTEMTABLES A5
>>>' CONNSETTINGS A6 'must be a
>>
>>value, blank is A6=;
>>
>>>' FETCH A7 'must be a
>>
>>value, try 100
>>
>>>' SOCKET A8 'default 4096
>>>' UNKNOWNSIZES A9 ' range [0-2]
>>>' MAXVARCHARSIZE B0 'must be a
>>
>>value, default 254
>>
>>>' MAXLONGVARCHARSIZE B1
>>>' DEBUG B2
>>>' COMMLOG B3
>>>' OPTIMIZER B4 ' note that 1
>>
>>= _cancel_ generic optimizer...
>>
>>>' KSQO B5
>>>' USEDECLAREFETCH B6
>>>' TEXTASLONGVARCHAR B7
>>>' UNKNOWNSASLONGVARCHAR B8
>>>' BOOLSASCHAR B9
>>>' INVERSEBOOL? BI '"true is
>>
>>-1"?, 0=checked?
>>
>>>' PARSE C0
>>>' CANCELASFREESTMT C1
>>>' EXTRASYSTABLEPREFIXES C2 'must be a
>>
>>value, default dd_

-- CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE --

This message is intended for the sole use of the individual and entity to whom it is addressed, and may contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended addressee, nor authorized to receive for the intended addressee, you are hereby notified that you may not use, copy, disclose or distribute to anyone the message or any information contained in the message. If you have received this message in error, please immediately advise the sender by reply email, and delete the message. Thank you.