Re: Parsing Data, Table to Form

From: Paul Lynch <paul(dot)lynch(at)exemail(dot)com(dot)au>
To: Yasmine Kedoo <yazkedoo(at)hotmail(dot)com>, pgsql-php(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Parsing Data, Table to Form
Date: 2004-05-16 12:14:15
Lists: pgsql-php
Hi Yasmine,

Could you post line 66 or point out which line is 66 in updaad.php.
 From the error message I would expect it to contain something like:
pg_fetch_row($rowtoupdate, 0)

 From your code, if this failed it would be before the display of data
in the form, and not after you click the update button. Which has me a
little perplexed.  In fact I would expect clicking on the update button
to start loading program adupdate.php
as per instructions in this line:
  echo "<form method=post action=adupdate.php>\n";
So unless this error was hidden somehow by the form and then displayed
after the click of update button, but that doesn't fit with my knowledge
of browser behaviour.

I am hoping the content on line 66 and a bit above and below it can help
relate the error message to the code.

Paul

Yasmine Kedoo wrote:

> but when i click the submit button on updaad.php, i'm getting the
> following error :
>
> Warning: Unable to jump to row 0 on PostgreSQL result index 2 in
> /home/webpages/yamkedoo/Project/updaad.php on line 66
>
> and nothing is being parsed to the textfields on adupdate.php
> (writeat.php).
>
> Do u know wat the problem may be? :-)
>
> Thanx again, your help is much appreciated
>
> Yasmine

pgsql-php by date

Next:From: Scot L. HarrisDate: 2004-05-16 23:18:26