Timeouts on big queries with JDBC?

From: "Ian S(dot) Nelson" <ian(at)stillsecure(dot)com>
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Timeouts on big queries with JDBC?
Date: 2004-05-14 16:58:25
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

I'm doing some huge queries with a cursor and JDBC on Postgresql
7.4.2 It has been working pretty well so far but I've ramped my data
set up a bit and now I get these exceptions when iterating through the
results set:

org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: Connection is closed. Operation is
not permitted.

Is this a time out problem? Something else? There is about 10million
rows in the table I'm querying.

thanks,
Ian
--

. . .
*Ian S. Nelson

303-381-3813 Direct
303-381-3881 Fax

www.stillsecure.com <http://www.stillsecure.com>
/Reducing your risk has never been this easy./
. . .
/The information transmitted is intended only for the person
to which it is addressed and may contain confidential material.
Review or other use of this information by persons other than
the intended recipient is prohibited. If you've received
this in error, please contact the sender and delete
from any computer. /