Re:

From: Raphaël Enrici <blacknoz(at)club-internet(dot)fr>
To: ashish anand <ashish(dot)anand(at)helsinki(dot)fi>, pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: Jean-Michel POURE <jm(at)poure(dot)com>
Subject: Re:
Date: 2004-05-12 19:55:54
Lists: pgadmin-support

Hi Ashish,
sorry for the delay...

ashish anand wrote:

>>What is strange is that it means that it does not find the version used
>>while you were building the software.
>>
>>Can you send the result of the following command:
>>ldd `which pgadmin3`
>>

>I've attached the file.

The interesting part is this one:
/usr/bin/pgadmin3: /lib/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.3' not found
(required by /usr/bin/pgadmin3)
/usr/bin/pgadmin3: /lib/libpthread.so.0: version `GLIBC_2.3.2' not found
(required by /usr/bin/pgadmin3)
libpangoxft-1.0.so.0 => not found
libpangoft2-1.0.so.0 => not found
libstdc++.so.5 => not found

Concerning the libpango* and libstdc++, just add to the LD_LIBRARY_PATH
env variable the path to where you installed them... Something like this
if you are using ksh or bash:
export
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=${LD_LIBRARY_PATH:-""}:/usr/local/mylibs/whereAreMyPangoLibs

What I really don't understand is that you seem to link to another glibc
thant the one distributed with MDK... Why ?

>>Did you find the place where you libpangoxft-1.0.so.0 is located ?
>>

>seems i made some mistake during installation of pango or other dependency
>software as I didnot find libpangoxft-1.0.so.0 at the place where other
>libraries of pango is installed. I might have to rebuild pango...

or change your ld behaviour (LD_LIBRARY_PATH or /etc/ld.so.conf)

>>Which piece of software, other than pgAdmin III and wxWid, did you
>>rebuild by yourself ?
>>

>glib-2.4.0, atk-1.6.0, gtk+- 2.2.4, pango-1.2.0, pkgconfig-0.15.0 .....

ok... a lot of stuff here...

> >Maybe you have some preload environment preventing the correct lib to
>> come up at launch time.
>

>i think u'r right..as i'm not an expert so might be my rebuild options for
>other softwares are somehow conflicting with already installed old
>versions...

yeah, I think all your problems come from here, but maybe your system or
at least part of it is too old to build pgA3, so you are right to go
this way if you can't upgrade the whole system.

>but ur suggestions are helping me very much in knowing the system
>better...

Fine, just trying to do my best, although I'm not an mdk expert.

Please CC to the list, some people are more involved in the MDK port
than I am and you will for sure get a better support from them.
Jean-Michel, can you help with this ? Did you try a build on MDK 8.2 ?

Regards,
Raphaël