Re: Status update on "new" website, testing needed

From: Alexey Borzov <borz_off(at)cs(dot)msu(dot)su>
To: euler(at)ufgnet(dot)ufg(dot)br
Cc: pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Status update on "new" website, testing needed
Date: 2004-05-12 06:39:21
Lists: pgsql-www
Hi!

Euler Taveira de Oliveira wrote:
>>Admin part is accessible on
>>http://alexey.beta.postgresql.org/admin/
>>Login: test
>>Pass: test
>>

> I didn't like the login functionality with authenticate window. I could suggest that you implement it using a simple form. then you could handle 'sessions' more easily.

Right now the system just uses Apache's builtin authentication mechanism, with
.htpasswd file and does not use sessions at all (as they are not needed).

If it is redone in PHP, then you'll need to store the auth info somewhere and to
create an interface for editing it.

The site's code is available on gborg in pgweb module. Do you volunteer? ;]

>>Please thoroughly test this and submit any bugs found.
>
> Go to this URL:
> http://alexey.beta.postgresql.org/admin/news-translate.php?id=174&lang=ru

Thanks, fixed.

> Could you make a mechanism to login/logoff? Maybe using 'sessions'.

I think login already works. ;]

I'll think about logout.