problem with transactions

From: pginfo <pginfo(at)t1(dot)unisoftbg(dot)com>
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: problem with transactions
Date: 2004-05-10 12:00:18
Lists: pgsql-jdbc
Hi,

We are using pg 7.4.2 + jdbc to connect to jboss.

It looks that pg have problems with transactions and jdbc.

My example:

Connection con = ... I get connection to my db.

con.setAutoCommit(false);    // begin transaction

// do some inserts

con.rollback(); // rollback

After this code all is working very well.
All inserts are rollbacked and so on.

And now the second example:

Connection con = ... I get connection to my db.

con.setAutoCommit(false);    // begin transaction

// do some inserts

con.rollback(); // rollback
con.setAutoCommit(true);    // set autocommit. We are using connection
pool and will to have clear connection.

For my supprice the last example do not rollback any inserts !
I do not see nothink bad in this code, and also it is working perfect on
oracle + jdbc and also MSSQL + jdbc.

Pls., can some one check the situation and post the result.

I tryed to insert sole sllep for 5 sec. before the last
con.setAutoCommit(true); , but it do not help.

Is it bug into the jdbc or pg ?

I tested it also with pg 7.4.1 and 7.4. and I have the same problem.

regards,
ivan.

pgsql-jdbc by date