Re: Solaris9 Sparc64 edition

From: Andreas Pflug <pgadmin(at)pse-consulting(dot)de>
To: Raphaël Enrici <blacknoz(at)club-internet(dot)fr>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Solaris9 Sparc64 edition
Date: 2004-05-09 10:37:57
Lists: pgadmin-hackers
Raphaël Enrici wrote:

> Andreas, I contacted Ron recently and he told me there was some
> (little) hope to get something up and running with official wxWid...
> Something new with this since your last mail concluding to the fact it
> is unusable ? (that's of interest for Debian port & Solaris port).

Hi Raphaël,

unfortely no real news.
The font handling in wx has been changed fundamentally, and it doesn't
work at all for us now. The last posting of Vadim seemed to show some
understanding of what is going wrong, kind-of accepting that the "native
look and feel" attitude has been overstressed leading to unfortunate
behaviour, so I reposted a quite old proposal to fix this. I offered
testing that immediately when basically implemented despite my lack of
time, to get it into 2.5.2. There was no reaction on that so far.

Regards,
Andreas