Re: Solaris9 Sparc64 edition

From: Raphaël Enrici <blacknoz(at)club-internet(dot)fr>
To: Hiroshi Saito <saito(at)inetrt(dot)skcapi(dot)co(dot)jp>,Andreas Pflug <pgadmin(at)pse-consulting(dot)de>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Solaris9 Sparc64 edition
Date: 2004-05-09 09:10:36
Lists: pgadmin-hackers
Hi Hiroshi, Andreas & buddies,

I recently discovered an interesting project with cool & reactive people
involved (http://www.blastwave.org) and got an account on some solaris
boxes.

I'd like to come back on Solaris port and need to sync what was done
since my previous build and preferably Hiroshi's one as it seems he went
further.

My main goal would be to produce a package in SYSV Solaris format and
try to solve the unicode problem if my skill permits it.

The main problem I encounter today is (just as before) linked to the
wxWidgets build.
Actual wxWidgets snapshots don't build straight and our patched one does
not neither (that's not new). Hiroshi, which wxWid CVS did you use
finally ? The one I tried when I got it running or another one ? Do you
still have the patched source somewhere ?

Andreas, I contacted Ron recently and he told me there was some (little)
hope to get something up and running with official wxWid... Something
new with this since your last mail concluding to the fact it is unusable
? (that's of interest for Debian port & Solaris port).

Regards,
Raphaël