Re: Prestige users

From: Al Hulaton <ahulaton(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: Merlin Moncure <merlin(dot)moncure(at)rcsonline(dot)com>
Cc: Bruce <bruce(at)centerstage(dot)com>, pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Prestige users
Date: 2004-05-05 18:11:15
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

Merlin Moncure wrote:
>>We've got a raging debate go from a
>>Foxpro back end to either PostgreSQL or MySQL.

One angle I've found works on non-techie, management, owner-types is
this: Postgresql is the closest thing to open source Oracle out there
right now. We could, and in the deeper db trenches should, go through a
feature-by-feature comparison for more specifics but in the end, the
features and cost savings Postgres brings vs. MySQL, Oracle, Foxpro,
etc. is just too good to be passed up.

--
Best,
Al Hulaton | Sr. Account Engineer | Command Prompt, Inc.