DBMigration-Wizard & Access 2002

From: Albin Blaschka <Albin(dot)Blaschka(at)bal(dot)bmlfuw(dot)gv(dot)at>
To: "'pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org'" <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: Reinhard Resch <Reinhard(dot)Resch(at)bal(dot)bmlfuw(dot)gv(dot)at>,Wilhelm Graiss <Wilhelm(dot)Graiss(at)bal(dot)bmlfuw(dot)gv(dot)at>
Subject: DBMigration-Wizard & Access 2002
Date: 2003-10-28 10:06:29
Lists: pgadmin-support
Hello,

We found a problem with the Database Migration wizard and Access 2002:

If we have a sequence in a table in Access 2002 and use the Migration
Wizard to put the table into Postgres, the SQL-Statement for inserting
the next value in the table is wrong. For example:
Migration Wizard produces:
mycolumn int4 DEFAULT nextval("'mycolumn_seq'"::text) NOT NULL

                              ^^            ^^
                                this is the error -> ' "
and correct it should be:
mycolumn int4 DEFAULT nextval('myschema.mycolumn_seq'::text) NOT NULL

                              ^^                   ^^
                               The difference -> only '

and: the schemaname is not inserted, too.

But: The Migration wizard is *the* "Killer App" for our work ;-)

:-)

With Sequences created in Access 97, there is no problem!

Greetings,

Albin

** Albin Blaschka, Mag. rer. nat.
** BAL Gumpenstein
** Projekt: Landschaft und Landwirtschaft im Wandel
** Tel.: 03682 / 22451 - 244
** No trees were killed in the creation of this message.
** However, many electrons were terrible inconvenienced.

pgadmin-support by date

Next:From: Carlos Leyn B.Date: 2003-10-28 16:39:10