Re: Permissions not working

From: Pallav Kalva <pkalva(at)deg(dot)cc>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: "scott(dot)marlowe" <scott(dot)marlowe(at)ihs(dot)com>, pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Permissions not working
Date: 2004-04-30 13:37:25
Lists: pgsql-sql
Tom Lane wrote:

>Pallav Kalva <pkalva(at)deg(dot)cc> writes:
>

>>I have a database for ex: 'ups' and it was owned previously by
>>'postgres(superuser)' but now i have changed the ownership to new user
>>'ups' all the tables are owned by these user 'ups'.
>>

>That isn't a supported operation.  How did you do it exactly?  I suspect
>that you got it wrong somehow ...

   Sorry, I wasnt clear on this. First I created a database called 'ups'
and made user 'ups' as its owner. Then
   I dumped the database from backup, the dumped database backup was
owned by 'postgres ' user but all the
   tables in this database are owned by 'ups' user.

>>I dont want  user 'test' to access any tables from the 'ups'
>>database, i tried revoking permissions it still doesnt work.
>>

>What did you revoke?  What does psql's "\z" command show for the problem
>tables?
>
>			regards, tom lane

>TIP 1: subscribe and unsubscribe commands go to majordomo(at)postgresql(dot)org

Here is the output from the \z . I tried to revoke all the privileges
from the PUBLIC and user 'test'.

usps=> \z citystate_alias
                                                      Access privileges
for database "usps"
 Schema |      Table
|                                                   Access privileges
 public | citystate_alias |
{postgres=a*r*w*d*R*x*t*/postgres,=r/postgres,usps=arwdRxt/postgres,"group
100=r/usps","group ea_development=r/usps"}
(1 row)