Re: Timestamp problems...wrong weeks.

From: Jean-Luc Lachance <jllachan(at)sympatico(dot)ca>
To: Pgsql-General <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Timestamp problems...wrong weeks.
Date: 2004-04-29 21:06:00
Lists: pgsql-general

Personnaly, I think this use of W is useless -- anybody can dewide the
day of the month by 7. A more appropriate use of W might be for the
week number to start with the first week with ALL dates in the month.
An alternate interpretation might be to start with the first week that
has at least one day in the month. The next issue is do you start the
week on Sunday, Saturday or Monday...

JLL