Socket command type unknown

From: " Philippe Sempé " <psempe(at)partner(dot)auchan(dot)fr>
To: <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Socket command type unknown
Date: 2004-04-29 12:54:26
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Hello,

I'm developping a deamon, written in C under "Linux RedHat 9".
I'm using ECPG to access my db.
The postgres version is 7.3.2

Sometimes I've got the "Socket command type unknown" error message
displayed in my log file after a SELECT or an UPDATE, and then my daemon
lose the connection with the postmaster ('no connection to the server'
message).

I found in the archives that the problem may be a bad synchonization between
the backend (postmaster ?) and the frontend (my daemon / libpq ?). I
understand that because the protocol is waiting for a 'Q' ("query") or an 'X
("exit") but I didn't found any solution !

Have you any idea ?

Thanks

Philippe Sempe (France)