Re: Question regarding session

From: Nick Barr <nicky(at)chuckie(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: Ludwig Lim <lud_nowhere_man(at)yahoo(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Question regarding session
Date: 2004-04-29 11:30:38
Lists: pgsql-php
Ludwig Lim wrote:

>Hi:
>
>   I have a question regarding PHP session
>I change the setting :
>
>    session.save_handler = files;
>    session.save_handler = user;
>
>I got the following error message everytime run
>php (even If I tried it at command line)
>
>   PHP Fatal Error: Unknown(): Failed to initialize
>session module in Unknown on line 0
>
>   Even if I tried it command line without any
>argument, an error still occured.
>

>PHP version : 4.3.1
>O.S.        : Mandrake 8.0
>
>Thank you,
>
>ludwig lim
>
>ludwig

This is a bit OT for Postgres. However do you not need to set the
session handlers because you have kicked php session into user mode. You
need to call session_set_save_handler with a list of strings which match
functions. These functions then open, close, read, write, destroy and do
garbage collection stuff on the session stuff. See:

http://uk.php.net/manual/en/function.session-set-save-handler.php

for more information.

Nick